Privacy Notice of Jefferson National
We take your privacy seriously. This notice describes how we treat data about our customers.
Life Insurance Company
We do not sell our customer data. We have physical, electronic and procedural security measures in place that comply with legal standards to protect your personal data. Access to customer data is limited to employees who need access to do their jobs, and to others as permitted or required by law. We are required, on a periodic basis, to submit your personal data to an outside vendor to cross reference your information with the social security death master file to ensure death proceeds are paid in a timely manner, or to confirm the continuation of certain payouts.
We get most of the data we have about you through your application and administrative forms. We may also receive data from outside sources with your consent, such as:
- The Medical Information Bureau
- Consumer Reporting Agencies
- Service Providers who conduct marketing services on our behalf
- Other Data Providers
Data we collect may include:
- Name, address, email address, phone number
- Social Security Number
- Demographic Data
- Health data or other data about illness, disability or injury
- Internet Cookies (cookies help our Internet application process - they do not store any sensitive personal or confidential data).
We may share customer data we collect with the following with your consent or as permitted or required by law:
- Insurance companies, agents, reinsurers
- Group policyholders for purpose of reporting claims experience
- Medical Laboratories and Prescription or Pharmacy Database Managers
- Medical Information and Motor Vehicle Bureaus or similar institutions
- A court or governmental agency when there is a lawful request
- Service providers who perform marketing or research services for us
- Service providers who perform legal, audit, or administrative services for us
- Joint Marketing Partners
- Unaffiliated Fund Families
- Unaffiliated Third Parties
- Our Affiliates
We do not share your health data with anyone without your written consent, unless permitted or required by law.
We use your health data to:
- Underwrite policies
- Process, evaluate or defend claims.
When we use service providers and joint marketers they agree to keep your personal data private and not use it for any other purpose. Data obtained from an insurance support organization, such as the Medical Information Bureau, may be retained and disclosed by this organization to other persons. For our Internet customers we require you to enter a user name and password to access your online account.
You have a right to review your personal data. To do so please send a written request to the Customer Service Department:
10350 Ormsby Park Place
Louisville, KY 40223
Please include your name, address, telephone number, and policy number. Also, let us know what kind of data you want to see. We may charge a small fee to collect and send the data to you. If you see any errors, let us know and we will review it. If we agree, we will correct our files. If we disagree, you may file a short statement of dispute with us. Your statement will be included with any data we disclose in the future. You can also request that we send it to anyone who received your data from us in the past 2 years.
If we change our privacy notice we will give you notice ahead of time of any change in our privacy practices by providing a new Notice and any opt-in or opt-out rights you may have under any federal or state laws at that time.
If you provide personal data to third parties, for example, independent agents or brokers, please note that this Notice will not cover their use of such data. If you provide personal data to us on a website that we sponsor with another financial institution, please note that you are providing your personal data to us and the third party. Accordingly, you should review the privacy notice of any such third parties.