- Tax-Deferred Investing
- Monument Advisor
- Advisor Home
- Knowledge Bank
- Product Brochures
- Fund Performance
- Allocation Model Performance
- Product Prospectuses
- Account Management
Jefferson National is a recognized innovator of financial products for RIAs, fee-based financial advisors, and the clients they serve. Winner of more than 20 industry awards, including the DMA "2010 Financial Services Company of the Year," and acclaimed for launching the industry’s first and only flat-insurance fee variable annuity, Jefferson National has built a brand trusted by advisors and has helped investors save over $30 million in insurance fees.1
The minds behind Jefferson National have a track record of being first to market with their unique approach to creating greater value. Our management team brings depth of experience combined with entrepreneurial vision to create greater value.
- Mitchell H. CaplanChief Executive Officer, Jefferson NationalMitchell Caplan is a recognized leader and strategist in the financial services industry. As Chief Executive Officer of Jefferson National, Mr. Caplan oversees all aspects of the company’s growth strategy. Previously, he served as an Executive Advisor to Aquiline Capital Partners LLC, a private equity firm specializing in the financial services industry. Named President and COO of E*TRADE in 2002, Mr. Caplan rose to CEO and Director of E*TRADE Financial Corporation. Under his leadership, from 2003 through 2006, E*TRADE reported four consecutive years of record revenues and earnings. Before the merger with E*TRADE, Mr. Caplan served as Vice-Chairman of the Board, and President and CEO of Telebanc Financial Corporation and Telebank, the industry’s leading and largest branchless bank. He helped direct Telebank’s growth from $50 million in assets and $30 million in deposits to $5 billion in assets and $3 billion in deposits. He also led an IPO that raised $100 million, a secondary offering that raised $500 million, and oversaw the sale of Telebanc Financial to E*TRADE Group for $1.8 billion. Prior to Telebank, Mr. Caplan was an associate of the law firm of Shearman & Sterling LLP. He holds a J.D. and MBA from Emory University, and a B.A. in history from Brandeis University.
- Laurence P. GreenbergPresident, Jefferson NationalLaurence Greenberg is a seasoned executive in the financial services industry with a distinguished career committed to creating greater value. In his role as President of Jefferson National, Mr. Greenberg has led the Company’s transition from a traditional variable annuity company to a recognized innovator of financial products and services for fee-based and fee-only advisors and the clients they serve. Previously, Mr. Greenberg served as First Vice President of Consumer Banking at Merrill Lynch, where he pioneered the company’s Internet banking platform. Prior to that, he was principal and co-founder of The Oysterhouse Group, LLC, a management consulting firm focused on innovative delivery of financial services products for an elite roster of internationally recognized companies such Shinsei Bank. Mr. Greenberg was the Chief Operating Office of Telebank, now E*TRADE Bank, where he oversaw all marketing and operations and was instrumental in driving deposit growth from $200 million in 1994 to more than $8 billion in 2000. He also helped lead an IPO that raised $100 million and a secondary offering that raised $500 million. Mr. Greenberg holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from The Johns Hopkins University.
- David LauChief Operating Officer, Jefferson NationalDavid Lau has more than twenty years of professional experience, with expertise in financial services operations and marketing. At Jefferson National, he leads operation, technology, sales and service. He is also the primary strategist of an integrated marketing and communication campaign that has won more than 20 national awards, including the DMA 2010 “Financial Services Company of the Year.” Prior to joining Jefferson National, he was principal and co-founder of The Oysterhouse Group, LLC, a management consulting firm focused on retail delivery of financial services products whose internationally recognized clients included Shinsei Bank, Merrill Lynch and Ace Insurance Group. Mr. Lau served as Senior VP of Operations E*TRADE Bank, and Senior VP of Marketing, at it its predecessor Telebank, where deposits more than doubled during his tenure. He holds a B.A. in Economics from William and Mary.
- Craig HawleyGeneral Counsel and Secretary, Jefferson NationalCraig Hawley has worked in the legal and financial services industry for over 20 years. Prior to being named the company’s General Counsel and Secretary in 2002, Mr. Hawley was Deputy General Counsel and Secretary. Prior to joining Jefferson National, Mr. Hawley served as Assistant General Counsel at ARM Financial Group, Inc., a publicly traded insurance holding company with over $10 billion in assets, and as an associate at Wyatt, Tarrant & Combs in the corporate and securities group. Mr. Hawley holds a J.D. and B.S. in Business Management from The University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky.
- Joe VapChief Financial Officer, Jefferson NationalJoe Vap joined Jefferson National as Controller in 2006. Prior to that, Mr. Vap served as Director of Financial Operations of Integrity Life Insurance Company, where he held various positions beginning in 1994. Mr. Vap also served as Controller of Great Financial Bank, now part of US Bank. Mr. Vap began his career as an auditor with Deloitte & Touche, LLP and has been a CPA since 1992. Mr. Vap holds a B.S. in Accounting from the University of Kentucky.